Wednesday, September 7, 2011

IT - Lessons in Frustration

I have decided to take this blog in another direction, besides posting things about my hobby (which I have had less and less time to do) I will also be making this just my personal all around blog. I need a place to post about my life and I really like this blog. Don't worry I will eventually get back to posting about my photography but for today:


Working in IT can often lead to many interesting things happening on a day to day occurrence. Today, I looked in my inbox for tickets and found a ticket saying that a machine needed to have java updated. I figured that since my boss assigned the ticket to me and that it needed to get done that I would be proactive, connect to the machine remotely and update the software. So I do just that, they take software upgrades pretty seriously around here so I felt productive for getting that done. I have to leave my desk to take care of another issue, when I come back everyone is asking me why I connected to that machine, why I updated java and why all these things were done. My issue with this is that if everyone but me knows to not update a machine, why would you assign me a ticket for that machine KNOWING that I am the kind of person who would get that done. Very frustrating.


No comments:

Post a Comment