Friday, January 7, 2011

WEB SITE: Peter Lik - An Aussie with an Eye

I think I may try to once a week hunt down a website or a post that will really help your photography. This week I would like to introduce you to Peter Lik. Peter Lik is a world renowned photographer who specializes in landscape photography. While Tina and I were on our honeymoon we got the unique pleasure of wandering into his Key West gallery. Having no idea who he was at the time we decided to wander into the gallery. The photo that he had on display was the four foot version of "Tree of Life". I was breathless. That night we went to Braza Lena in Key West, who also had his work on display. Eating in this environment surrounded by his inspiring work was a joy and worth the price of the meal (which was also good).  Peter is an astonishing photographer, and has a keen eye for showing you a side of nature that we might overlook. He has a show that is going to be on the Weather Channel about his photography this fall. His blog, located here has decided as a "New Years Resolution" to try to give DAILY updates about photography, Peter, and their galleries. I really enjoyed their pieces on taking high contrast photography and shooting in the cold. That's my site for this week. If you enjoy his photography and have NOT been to his site your missing out. Let me know what you think of the website by leaving comments!

If you did not see the embedded hyperlink the website is here:
http://blog.peterlik.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment