Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Pushing up Daisies

Okay, so there are stories behind every photo I take, some interesting others not so much. In reality this post is more about looking at the pictures and less about the story. My mother had one of her coworkers living with her for a few weeks before she moved to Australia. As a thank you she got my Mom this flower, I think its a Gerber Daisy. I first saw it the morning before my bachelor party, liked it and decided to take a few photos of it. The first photo I took was this one, I liked the angle and since she had it outside I got the nice horizontal lines of our house in the picture. I don't know why this flower was so appealing to me but I really enjoyed taking some photos of it that day. 

The next morning after some rain showers (and some money showers at my Bachelor Party) I was back outside getting some fresh air. Once again I had my camera and noticed that a nice droplet set had settled in on the flower. I snapped my final photo which, to this day is one of my most requested, and admired photos. I have read a lot of places that most photographers keep a water mister in their bag for instance where they want to add droplets and I am proud of the fact that mother nature did all of this herself, I just captured the moment. These photos really show off the power of the "nifty fifty" to give great bokeh (see definition here) as well as how fine the lens is. The colors I was able to get out of this flower are increadible and I was very pleased with this image.

Let me know what you think by leaving comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment