Saturday, July 10, 2010

Walking After Midnight

One night whilst in Key West (I know I am getting some new stuff soon) I decided to play with my aperture and my F stop. What resulted was this image. I was trying to get to a point where the light of the signs was not blasting out the image while still being able to retain some sense of whats going on. I exposed for what I considered to be a long time (especially without a tripod) at 1/125th of a second and I had my f/4.5 so high to compensate for the duration of the shot. I really like long shutter speed photography and I really enjoyed taking this picture. The other major challenge was the framing, in order to fit the entire image in the shot I was basically standing IN a shop across the street that was closing and kindly asked me to buy something or leave. I obliged but not before I was able to snap up this “gem”. For those of you whom have never been lucky enough to go to Sloppy Joe’s Bar its fantastic, the food is pretty good, and its a must do in Key West. My favorite story that I have heard of the bar is that when they were moving from their old location to the one they currently reside they opened both locations and told all the patrons that they would get a free drink for every piece of furniture that they moved. Now thats efficiency!

No comments:

Post a Comment